The program is developed in execution of the R&D contract “ISS-Experiments” from the Federal Space Agency. The primary goals of the Program are the following:
• conducting research from the Russian yearly program of science and application research and experiments;
• fulfilment of Roscosmos international commitments on experiments on ISS-RS;
• further building-up of structure and functionalities of complex of payloads within the resources allocated for proper use of ISS-RS during expeditions ISS-25 and ISS-26.
The program defines as main measures to solve performance targets selected Russian and contract experiments coordinated as to needed resource support both with the planned flight program in the course of expeditions ISS-25 and ISS-26 and condition of payloads on-board modules Zvezda Service Module, Pirs, Poisk and Rassvet.
• According to the approved “ISS-RS Mission Plan for 2010”:
- the beginning of Expedition ISS-25 is planned for September 24, 2010 (undocking and landing of the Soyuz-TMA-18 spacecraft), completion: November 26, 2010 (date of Soyuz-TMA-19 landing);
- the beginning of Expedition ISS-26 is planned for November 26, 2010 (undocking and landing of the Soyuz-TMA-19 spacecraft), completion: March 16, 2011 (date of Soyuz-TMA-M landing);
- the planned total duration of ISS Expeditions -25 & -26 is 173 days.
• Delivery of cargoes for the Program of ISS-RS Scienсe and Applications Research is executed by spacecraft Soyuz-TMA-M, Soyuz-TMA-20 and Progress М-08М, Progress М-09М freighter vehicles.
• Cargo return is performed by Soyuz-TMA-20 and Soyuz-TMA-M.
• Basic components of the program are the experiments within the research fields of Roscosmos STAC Sections.
• In the course of ISS Expeditions -25 & -26 it is planned to conduct 41 experiments:
- 34 of them begun during the previous expeditions,
- 7 experiments are new.